- The James Beard Foundation honored Fullsteam owner Sean Lilly Wilson as a semi-finalist in the Outstanding Wine, Beer, and Sprits Professional Category in both 2012 and 2013.
- Fullsteam is the only North Carolina brewery (to-date) to win a Good Food Award, which honors food and drink artisans who make tasty, authentic, and responsibly-made products. We won in 2013 for First Frost, and we’ve been finalists in both 2014 (Hogwash) and 2016 (Brandy Barrel-Aged First Frost).
- In 2015, Sean received the inaugural North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild “Industry Impact” award for his work leading Pop The Cap.
- Southern Living honored our Summer Basil as “Best Beer” in the 2015 Southern Living Food Awards.
- Fullsteam was voted the crowd favorite as “Best Beer” for The Local Palate’s “Brew ‘N’ Cue Showdown,” held at Colonial Williamsburg in September 2015. Carver sweet potato lager and Cack-a-lacky, our ginger pale ale, paired wonderfully with Sam Jones BBQ!
- Garden & Gun named Cack-a-lacky a 2014 finalist in their fifth annual “Made In The South” Awards…the first beer ever to receive this honor.
- The Daily Meal named Fullsteam one of the top ten brewery visits in the nation, and Yahoo! Travel named us one of the five coolest craft beer tours in America.
- Back in 2009 — a year before we opened — DRAFT magazine named Sean one of “Nine Beer Innovators to Watch,” and the Raleigh News & Observer named him Tar Heel of the Week.
GOOD FOOD AWARDS
- 2016 FINALIST for Brandy Barrel-Aged First Frost
- 2014 FINALIST for Hogwash
- 2013 WINNER for First Frost, our foraged persimmon winter ale
U.S. Beer Open
- 2015 BRONZE, Carver, our sweet potato lager (Vegetable Beer)
- 2014 GOLD, El Toro, brewed with 100% North Carolina barley and hops (Cream Ale)
- 2014 SILVER, Carver
- 2013 GOLD, Cack-a-lacky, our ginger pale ale (Herb/Spice)
- 2013 GOLD, Beasley’s Honey White (Belgian Wit)
- In 2013, we were the ninth best brewery among all competitors, based on overall medal results.
- 2012 GOLD, Fullsteam Lager (American Amber)
- 2012 SILVER, El Toro
- 2012 BRONZE, Kumquat IPA (Fruit/Vegetable)
EUROPEAN BEER STAR
- 2015 SILVER, Brandy Barrel-Aged First Frost (Wood and Barrel-Age Strong Beer)
NATIONAL HONEY BEER COMPETITION
- 2015 BRONZE, Beasley’s Honey White (Ale)
Independent Weekly’s Annual “Best Of”
- Best Local/Durham Brewery. We’ve won every year that we’ve been eligible! (2011 – 2015)
- Best Trivia Night (2015)
- Best Neighborhood Bar in Durham County (2014, 2013, 2012)
- Best Place to Chill in Durham County (2012, 2011)
- Best place for a Blind Date in Durham County (2013)
- Best Local Beer (2012)