Extraordinary. Complex. Whimsical. Fanciful. Multi-faceted. Sublime. These are just some of the adjectives that have been used to describe Karen Barker’s incredible desserts over the decades.
At this familial and nostalgic dinner, chefs who consider Karen a mentor and a hero will prepare an amazing meal, served family style, in her honor. The 2019 chef lineup includes:
- Frank Stitt of Highlands Bar & Grill in Birmingham, AL
- Billy Cotter of Dashi Ramen and Toast in Durham
- John Fleer of Rhubarb and Benne in Asheville
- Phoebe Lawless of Scratch in Durham
- Glenn Lozuke of Weaver Street Market in Hillsborough
- Caitlin McCormick Schumacher of Fig in Charleston, SC
- Amanda Orser of Littler in Durham
- Tori Schumacher of The Ordinary in Charleston, SC
Debra Lewis of Vintage '59 Imports will curate the wines for the dinner, Durham Distillery will provide cocktails and Fullsteam will provide the beer.
If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, please do not purchase tickets before contacting us at 404-822-0276. There are no refunds, and many food allergies cannot be accommodated since all dishes are served family style.