Although weather-related challenges remain, it's clear the Triangle avoided the brunt of Florence. Other regions in the state, however, were not so fortunate.
You can help, directly and indirectly.
Come to Fullsteam Brewery Saturday, Sunday, or Monday with any of the following supplies. They must be NEW and in their original packaging.
- Toiletries including dental supplies
- Tampons and pads
- Diapers (child and adult)
- Baby formula Baby bottles (new in packaging)
- Wet wipes
- Underwear, socks, and sports bras (new)
- First aid supplies and factory-sealed medicines
- Cleaning supplies
- Canned goods
- Bed pillows and blankets (new)
- Box fans
- Hand sanitizer
- Work gloves, utility and latex/nitrile gloves
- Utility knives
- Related work and safety items
- Trash bags
- Heavy-duty clean up bags
- General construction tools, equipment, safety equipment, safety clothes, work boots
- Nonperishable, shelf-stable food items
Place these donations on the ping pong table up front, just in case the big room floods. LET'S FILL UP THE ROOM WITH DONATIONS! Again, these donations need to be NEW, in their OEM packaging. It takes too much manpower to sort used items, like clothes.
Please don't send any clothing other than NEW underwear, socks, and sports bras. Also, please no toys, books, magazines, games, or perishable items.
A few of you have asked who is organizing the drive -- we respect your concern that these efforts aren't for naught, as unfortunately seen in places like Puerto Rico. We're working with both Hurricane Aid for Southeastern NC and the Carolina Calvary. Mid-week they will deliver supplies directly to community centers in New Bern, Lumberton, and more. The community centers have listed their current and immediate needs; hence, why this list is itemized and specific.
Fullsteam will donate 10% of our proceeds over the next three days to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina.